Sunday, December 20, 2015

Monday 21st december 2015...solstice!!!!

For many of you today is the shortest day of the year but for me it is the start of summer and the longest day and boy what a day hot at least 88 degrees and lovely!!!
I am now well settled into my new home for a few weeks with my best buddy Tilley, she is 7 years old and easy to take care of!!!
The owners are a very lovely English couple who left for England this morning...the home is two years and beautiful...

I am all settled in there is a mountain bike for me to use and I am about a 15 minute drive away from the ocean in one direction and the the mountains and hiking trails in the other..the small town seems nice and is about a 25 drive to the tennis club and down town..so all is well.
You have to love it when a ice cream van cruises the neighborhood reminds  me of when I was a kid especially when I bought a 99...which is what I use to have as a kid!!!!!

Took a walk through the lovely botanical gardens and the trees and the varieties were quite amazing!!


A Poinsettia Christmas tree!!!
I am going into Christchurch tonight to attend a Christmas concert in the old restored theater which has only just opened after being damaged in the quake!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...