Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Wednesday 11th May 2016...house sit begins!!!

So after weeks of planning and being in touch with Sue, the owner of the house, I finally arrived this morning....it is Simon's Town shown on the map below!!







I met my two buddies for the next two weeks..... Bella a 9 year old very lovely Jack Russell!
and there is Storm a 9 month old rescue Alaskan Malamute who is indeed going to be a lot of fun and a lot of work but she is gorgeous and very bonded to me already...


Out of privacy concerns not going to show many shots of the home but it is on a mountainside and with great views of the ocean from the front deck and only a few blocks from town!!


Sue explain the workings of the house and the dog's routines and then she was off to the airport and I took the girls for a walk!!!
It is going to be lovely here for two weeks..to have some company...cook some meals and I intended to relax lots before I start the next installment on my journey!!!
I took the afternoon to unpack and get everything sorted and then spent some time on the deck with my book...I have looked around the area and there are a lot of lovely walks ....Bella can only do a short morning and evening walk but Storm I know will out walk me!!!
Had a lovely meal and yes a bath!!!
Now we need to get something straight here.....in the photo of the living room you will notice quite a large TV and it does have Cable TV which means I get all the sports stations...I warn you now I intend to watch a lot of tennis and soccer, pity I cannot get the hockey play offs, so   you have to get used to reading "tonight I studied the USConstitution" which really means I watched TV!!!  OK???
OK now I am going to .......
Yashi Kochi!!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Hi Les,

Can you share which house sitting company you use? We are interested in doing this too.
Have fun with your new furry friends!

Cheers, Peter and Shelagh.

mexicokid said...

www.trustedhousesitting.com Storm she is going to be a hadnful in a good way cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...