Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Wednesday 12 th February 2020.....Day 3!!!!

This morning was the reason for me coming to Laredo

visa application day!!


I am applying for a temporary resident visa which if granted will allow me to remain in Mexico for the next four years without having to leave every 180 days like I have been doing the last few years.


I have hired a facilitator in SMA and Sonia set the process in motion and made an appointment for me at the Mexican consulate in Laredo.


My appointment was for 9.15am this morning and they advised for me to be here 15 minutes before.


I actually got here early at 8.40am and the waiting room was already almost full.  I checked in and was asked to take a seat and was prepared for the long wait.


Could not believe my ears when they called my name two minutes later and was instructed to go to window 1.


I had doubled and tripled checked that my documents and copies were in order so I was pretty well prepared.


The nice lady checked everything took my photo and finger prints and told me everything seemed to be ok and that now it needed to be approved and to take a seat.


The wait was approximately  35 minutes and I was called to pay the 40 dollar fee and then asked to take a seat again.


A few minutes later I was called back and happily received my visa....total time was 90 minutes.


I know have six months to re enter Mexico and when I get back to SMA there is a process that Sonia will help me through and then I will be a temporary resident.


It was all very easy and professional.


Heading for San Antonio for the night..feels good to have this process finished!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...