Monday, February 24, 2020

Mon 24 th February 2020..Day 15!!!

WOW...day 15 already..it seems like a long time since I 

left SMA and covered lots of miles!!


You know about the four Grand Slams of Tennis ..they  are Melbourne, Wimbledon, US open in New York and finally in Paris.....I have been to three of these venues and will complete my grand slam of watching by attending the French Open in late May.


Outside of these the next biggest tournament is at Indian Wells, Palm Springs California.....and months ago I applied for and was accepted to be a volunteer.

I chose to be an usher and for the whole two weeks you have to commit to eight shifts which I have and I have my schedule.


Today was the orientation session and over 300 of the 1100 volunteers attended.  It was extremely well presented and we were given a tour of the stadium courts and grounds..













Then we were issued with a beautiful shirt, jacket and hat, a free parking pass for the whole two weeks, a stipend of 20 dollars a day on the days that you work and free ground passes on days off where I can attend any of the courts...this is right down my alley, as we say in England!!










After the session I drove the just over two hour drive to my Airbnb on the canals in Naples, Long Beach....

Little Bluey resting outside the lovely 1928 home!!







I have a great room, my own bathroom and full kitchen access and I am booked here for two nights.


After I got unpacked I went on a walk around the canals 







and then over the bar to the inlet







Finally reaching the ocean!!








I walked maybe four miles and the weather was super lovely...


Finished up by going to Trader Joe’s and getting a few groceries and I just had a light meal and a long hot shower and now tea and show time!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...