Monday, February 10, 2020

Monday 10th February 2020....Day 1!!!!!

I was saying goodbye to Gracie at 6.45 am this

morning and on the road and it was just getting light...


This shot was taken at 7.30 am...





....the first two hours of the drive was on a busy highway but after San Lois Potosi..the road branched and for the rest of the drive  very easy, no toll roads but fast two lane highways and best of all I passed only five trucks the whole time...this is really an enjoyable route and some nice scenery!!













The only problem I had was when I came around a sharp curve travelling at about 50 m.p.h. I saw this beast!!!!!






Luckily he was being towed backwards!!!


I had lots of drink, fruit, a sandwich and good music and from leaving SMA to getting to the border it was exactly nine hours!!!


The wait at the border





 was one hour and the agent was very polite and there was in The good Ole US of A!!







Waiting in line at the border and I turn the radio on and come across a station in the middle of the adverts and they are advertising a special Valentines adventure for that special someone in your life!!!


30 dollars for two hours and all the ammo you can fire at your local gun range!!!Only in Texas!!!..


I noticed this mark on my arm this morning..no idea what I did it does not hurt at all..I guess it maybe an old age spot!!





I arrived at my Airbnb ten minutes  after crossing the border..I have a lovely room and my own bathroom and the owner, a school teacher , with a great dog is very friendly and the place is perfect for a stop over..I have full use of the kitchen and I had brought a frown dinner that I made last week and just finished it and it was delicious..


Now time for a cuppa tea, apiece of carrot cake and my show!!


My friend Loren sent this to me...my kind of humor!!








So the first day was a great start.....glad you came along!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...