Sunday, February 16, 2020

Sunday 16th February 2020...Day 7!!!

Halelujah.....it is Sunday and it is warm!!!!


I had a great sleep till 6 am and then I got on the phone to my travel company, Cheapo air about my cancellation of flights from Paris......I will not bore you with the frustration at not being to able to speak to a representative for nearly two weeks but suffice it to say I have Cancelled that booking got a full refund plus a fifty dollar voucher for my problems and re booked the flights with an even better rate and dates..so in the end I am a happy camper!!!


I was on the road by 9am and this is a really nice motel and within a ten  minute drive I was at the trail head 





For my decent onto the canyon floor....





Check out the photo up and down just amazing...
















Did not take me long to get to the bottom and check out the ancient ruins..



















I looked for the elevator to get back up but could not find it so hiked up...it was not too bad!!!


Then it was a nice drive to my next stop...





And found the trail head...







And this also was an amazing hike!!!
















Finally my last stop was one I found on the Internet..it was not spectacular but I always like a waterfall even if it is man made!!




Nice hike to the top of the falls..




The lonely cow..











I arrived at my Airbnb by 5.30pm and my host, Kip an ex park ranger welcomed me...I have the whole upstairs which is fabulous even a small kitchen and I am here for two nights.


Kip has given me some suggestions for a day of hiking and sightseeing tomorrow.


Had a long hot shower and now after this time for a cuppa and my show!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...