Monday, February 17, 2020

Monday 17th February 2020...Day 8!!!

Today was a day for the memory banks!!!

There are many reasons I enjoy staying in Airbnb’s over motels and hotels and this is a prime example......I have the whole upstairs to myself with a small kitchen but what makes this stay memorable is Kip, my host.

He is an ex park Ranger and knows this area so well and today he sent me off on an adventure into the very back country on a Navajo Reservation .


Took me about 75 minutes to get to the turn off and onto firm sand road..





Was on here for about five miles when I came to this....





No way I was crossing over here...





...so I turned around and took a track and lo and behold in the space of about two hundred yards this





Becomes this!!





I was really memorized by the views, the noise and the fact there I was in the middle of no where and the whole place to myself....







This is the write up and what the falls look like when really flowing!!







I managed to find a scramble path to get down to the base of the falls...






















Walked a bit too far and my shoes got covered..





I went back to the top and had my lunch and marvelled at what Mother Nature can do...


This was an amazing day!!


Tomorrow I head for Tucson to visit with Linda and her family for five days...


Yashi Kochi!!!

1 comment:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Wow, what an amazing sight! Thanks for sharing.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...