Tuesday, February 04, 2020

Tuesday 4 th February 2020...another birthday!!

Happy birthday to my over 40 year friend Larry...I know that gorgeous wife of yours will make sure it is special!!

We had some heavy rain over night and I knew before

I went to bed that tennis this morning would be cancelled and sure enough it was!!


This was taken from my patio this morning....





It really was cool and overcast today so I worked at home and now everything is ready for my house guests on Saturday...Anita the young lady who comes and clean is coming Friday afternoon so all will be well for June and Vince to enjoy their four week stay!!!


I went into town to do some chores ..order some more birthday cakes for my students....4 of them have birthdays after I leave so I ordered cakes for each of them for Thursday night, my last class!


Also went to the animal shelter in town with a big bag of about 35 older tennis balls and gave them so those dogs can play..the lady told me they would be very happy.


Tonight went for our final Tuesday night Mexican train at Bo’s house.....Bo and his best friend Lisa are moving to Portugal at the beginning of next month..so as I leave on Monday this was the last train night...it has been a lot of fun and I will miss them both and wish them all the very best on their new adventures!!


I did not know about this day!!!





Like this one!!



Took this on my way into town this morning....who says there is no free ride??


Well I did my pay forward tonight..I stopped on the way home from train at my favourite little bakery and when I came outside a young woman passed by she had two back packs, was crying and had two little girls with her about 3 and 5 years old......she asked me something in Spanish but I could not understand her and then she said something about a hotel..she also said they were from Honduras......I told her there was no hotel around and asked her if she needed money and in English she said yes please.......I looked in my wallet and all I  had was a 500 pesos note so I gave that to her, wished I could have given her more....she thanked me and shook my hand and both girls waved to me....I wonder how hard their lives have been ?????



Yashi Kochi!!!


No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...