Sunday, March 09, 2014

Sunday 9th March 2014…a great match!!!

Well we are now back home after a lovely two days away and getting our fill of tennis……I have been corresponding with a lady, Adriana,  all week from the tennis association at the venue and she helped me get the tickets for yesterday and today..when we got to the courts yesterday afternoon half of the seats were  white arm chairs and the others were bleacher style…the tickets I had were for the bleachers they were good seats but at the sides which is not the best vantage point to watch a game so after the first game Carolyn went to see if she could up grade our tickets but was very nicely told no they were all sold out and the cost was 3000 pesos as  opposed to the 250 pesos we were paying..but we really enjoyed the three matches yesterday…..

So today we had a nice breakfast in the hotel and went out to the club about 11 am the final was to start at noon..we got our seats on the bleachers booked with a towel and sat outside in the sun…..I went to see if I could find Adriana to thank her and asked a gentleman who looked official if he knew her and he said, yes she is my wife and he asked me if I was Les from SMA..so we chatted and I asked him if there was a way to upgrade and he said sorry no…..any way the game started and the two players are listed below..Vroome was the number 6 seed and is 17 years old and Osaka was un seeded and is 16 years old

 

 

  1. Indy de Vroome is a Dutch tennis player. De Vroome has won two singles and three doubles titles on the ITF tour in her career. On 3 March 2014, she reached her best singles ranking of world number 228. Wiki

Born: May 21, 1996 (age 17), Cromvoirt, Netherlands

 

Osaka Naomi

Country: Japan

Born: 16. 10. 1997

Current/Highest rank: 386. / 386.

Sex: woman

Plays: right

DSC01856

DSC01854

DSC01861

The winner!!!

DSC01859

Pearson the posh!!!!

DSC01862

DSC01872

 

The first set was close but Osaka won… during the change of ends I heard and saw a woman calling to me from the side of the VIP seats so I went to see her and it was Adriana and she said she had two seats for us in the VIP section..so we got our stuff and really enjoyed the last two sets from the comfort of the arm chairs….

Vroome came back and won the second and the third sets to claim the 25000 dollar prize……it was a wonderful game they hit the ball so hard and I think you will see both these young ladies rise in the rankings.

The drive home was easy and we were back by 6 o clock and had a great weekend we both cannot wait to get back on the courts.

Hope your weekend was a great one!!!

These were some shots yesterday from down town Irapuato!!

DSC01830

DSC01831

DSC01835

DSC01841

My favorite tree Jacaranda….

DSC01845

DSC01848

 

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...