Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday 14th March 2014…biggest hike of the year!!

Friday was Pearson day….a big hike planned, spoke to no one and did not ride the scooter…..but I did a big hike.  I have finally solved my shoe issue these latest shoes are perfect for me and now I have solved the back pack issue…the new pack that I ordered on line and cost a great deal of money does not work for me so I am going with my old faithful red small back pack….I have used this for my regular day hikes and as I am only intending taking very little stuff the red pack will be the one I go with.  Loaded it with all my stuff had my crocks fastened on the outside and it worked great.  I walked 19 miles today and it was hot but I felt good and it took me six and a half hours.  I will admit to being tired tonight but I have had supper a nice long hot bath and relaxing watching tennis.

The only other thing to report is that I went to the lady up the street to get a haircut..she does a god job and charges 30 pesos….I think I look a little bit cute but there again my eye sight is not what it used to be.

Thanks Robin for this little story!!

r

 

When you're from the farm, your perception is a little bit different.

A farmer drove to a neighbor's farmhouse and knocked at the door.   A boy, about 9, opened the door.  "Is your dad or mom home?" said the farmer.

"No, they went to town."

"How about your brother, Howard?  Is he here?"

"No, he went with Mom and Dad."

The farmer stood there for a few minutes, shifting from one foot to the other, mumbling to himself, when the young boy says, "I know where all the tools are, if you want to borrow one, or I can give Dad a message."

"Well," said the farmer uncomfortably. "No, I really want to talk to your Dad, about your brother Howard getting my daughter Suzy pregnant".

The boy thought for a moment...then says, "You'll have to talk to my Dad about that.  I know he charges $500 for the bulls and $150 for the pigs, but I have no idea how much he charges for Howard."

 

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...