Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday 28th March 2014……a first for me!!!

I want to tell you about a very special, brave and strong woman friend I have her name is Rita and I took her to her appointment with her Eye Doctor this morning.

I met Rita two years ago through my friends Linda and Guy and Rita unfortunately suffers the same medical problems as Guy they both have to be on oxygen 24 hours a day so it is always a struggle to get out of the house with portable machines and then finding somewhere to plug in if they are in a building for a time.  Anyway I went and picked up Rita this morning along with her friend Dorothy and I drove them into town and double parked right outside the Doctor’s office and helped Rita inside and I went and parked the car as I was doing this I made a U turn that I really should not have made and I should not have made it right in front of a police car..he immediately stopped me and the two officers got out.  I was in the wrong and as they aroached I rolled down the window and in my best Spanish I told them that I was really sorry for what I had done but I had an emergency with my wife who was on oxygen and I showed them the connection in the car and I had to get her to the doctors and I was going to get her but made a wrong turn…..to my sheer surprise and joy he told me to carry on!!!!

Anyway I went back to the office and waited for Rita and then went and got the car and reversed the order and drove her home.  This is a rare outing for Rita because she is a little afraid of going out and something happening to her portable machine but really thrilled to tell you she enjoyed this trip and has now confidence to go out some more.

As I mentioned Guy suffers from the same issues and he has Linda to constantly be there for him if needed but Rita lives alone in a beautiful large house and never once I have heard her complain and always she has a smile on her face…I tip my hat and salute you and proud you are my friend!!!

I came home and had some lunch and I bet you thought there would not be a day when I did not watch a sporting event on TV….well today was one  and not by choice…I had my lunch set out on the couch and turned on the TV for the live tennis game and would believe one of the players had to pull out because of injury so Novak got a bye into Sunday’s finals…read on!!!

So I decided that I was over my cold enough to go for a hike so I did a 13 km or 8 mile hike around the railroad tracks down by the lake but first of all I walked through town

DSC02319

Could not figure out what the celebration was here.

This gentleman often sits on this corner and weaves his magic!!

DSC02325

I never tire of this church in the main Jardin!!!

DSC02326

I then went through a colorful subdivision

DSC02327

DSC02330

DSC02331

and then down to the tracks and the lake

DSC02332

DSC02334

DSC02333

When I house sat at Linda and Guy’s a few years ago before I had my scooter I had my bike and I used to ride this way into town and always saw this cross and thought one day I would like to see if I could hike up  there

DSC02335

well today was the day..there was no trail and it was a bit of a scramble but I managed to find my way to the summit.

DSC02345

I must come back here to watch the sunset as the views were quite lovely!!!

DSC02342

DSC02341

DSC02338

Really like the zoom on my camera and this shot below is using the panoramic setting!!

DSC02340

I got home by 5 o clock and enjoyed the hike always gives me a chance to reflect on all that is going on for my and the big journey coming up!!!

So I had my evening all planned around watching the second live tennis game from Miami at 7.30pm….supper all done….. tea made and sat down turned on the TV and would you believe it this game was also cancelled because one of the players got food poisoning…so there you have it a Pearson day without sports!!!!

 

Sony Open: Rafael Nadal & Novak Djokovic into final after walkovers

Top seeds Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic will meet in Sunday's Sony Open final after both their opponents pulled out of the semi-finals in Miami.

Djokovic, the second seed, progressed when Japan's Kei Nishikori withdrew from their match with a groin injury.

And Nadal also went through without hitting a ball after Tomas Berdych was laid low by gastroenteritis.

"I woke up at 7.30am with pain in my stomach," said the Czech seventh seed.

Kei Nishikori

"I am disappointed about not getting a chance to play."

Nishikori, who beat Roger Federer in the quarter-finals, felt a problem when he went for his morning warm-up on Friday.

"I couldn't move from side to side," said the 20th seed.

"I really felt it in the last match against Roger, the quarter-final. I had it before Indian Wells, and I hurt it in Delray. It wasn't 100% yet."

Djokovic, who is trying to win the Miami title for the fourth time, also had a walkover in the third round when Florian Mayer pulled out with a groin injury.

"It's not the first time it has happened to me," said the Serb. "Maybe it is the first time twice in the same tournament but it is the way it is and you have to deal with that mentally.

"I practised today, 30-40 minutes on centre court, got good rhythm and trying to keep up with what I have been doing.

"I won in Indian Wells, which gave me a lot of confidence. I've played a lot of matches so hopefully it will pay off."

Nadal and Djokovic will meet for the 40th time on Sunday, with the Spaniard 22-17 ahead in their personal battle but having lost the last two encounters.

 

Guess I will get my fair share of soccer tomorrow and wait for the tennis finals on Sunday!!

Yashi kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...