Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday 30th March 2014…..couch potato, then casita cleaner, then hiker and finishing with couch potato again!!!

So one more day left in March how quickly the weeks have gone by…my Sunday morning started at 9am when I had breakfast whilst watching a live soccer game from England and this also was a good entertaining game.

After the game I continued with my cleaning and sorting of my stuff in the casita as I am going to be gone a long time certain things need to be moved and stored and then I want it perfect for when my friend Stella comes on Friday….as I am still awaiting news on my visa I will be here for I hope just a few days to show her around……Linda and Guy have kindly offered me their spare bedroom upstairs in their casa so that is so kind of them.

I then did some yard work I do need to buy some more plants and some fertilizer so that is on my list for this week and then it was time for some fruit and to sit and relax and watch the game described below!!! 

Novak Djokovic beats Rafael Nadal to win Sony Open in Miami

Novak Djokovic took his winning run against world number one Rafael Nadal to three matches with a superb victory in the Sony Open final.

The Serb, 26, won 6-3 6-3 to claim his fourth Miami title, moving him ahead of Pete Sampras and two behind Andre Agassi in the event's all-time list.

Djokovic, the world number two, broke serve once in the first set and twice in the second as he dominated Nadal.

The pair now hold all nine elite Masters 1000 titles between them.

Most meetings in Open era

  • 40: Novak Djokovic v Rafael Nadal
  • 36: Ivan Lendl v John McEnroe
  • 35: Jimmy Connors v Ivan Lendl
  • 35: Boris Becker v Stefan Edberg
  • 34: Jimmy Connors v John McEnroe
  • 34: Andre Agassi v Pete Sampras

Nadal, 27, will hope to regain the initiative as the tour heads to Europe for the clay-court season, with Djokovic having won back-to-back hard-court Masters titles in Indian Wells and Miami.

Djokovic might have been without head coach Boris Becker, who is recovering from hip surgery, but he could not have played much better as the world's top two players met for a record 40th time on Sunday.

The Serb saved a break point in the opening game and began to put the pressure on Nadal, moving 4-2 clear when a huge forehand clipped the back of the baseline.

He closed out the set after 40 minutes and tightened his grip further with another break at the start of the second, moving Nadal from side to side before firing a backhand winner into the space created.

Nadal was hanging on as best he could, and he fired a brilliant forehand winner down the line to stave off another break point at 3-1 down, but his hopes of finally landing a first Miami title were slipping away.

Djokovic attacked the Spaniard's serve once again at 5-3 to earn two more break points and converted his first match point in a stunning 30-shot rally that ended with a half-volley into the open court.

"This tournament has been perfect from the beginning to the end," Djokovic said. "The matches that I have played I played really well, and I elevated my game as the tournament progressed. The best performance of the tournament came in the right moment on Sunday, against the biggest rival."

Nadal said: "No frustration. That's tennis. I played a few games and a few points with right way, with right intensity. But for the rest, easy to analyse. The opponent was better than me. That's it."

 

The clay-court season looms, and the result might be different when the rivalry resumes on Nadal's favourite surface. He still leads the rivalry, 22-18.

 

 

Novak Djokovic (Photo: The Canadian Press)

After the game I put on my hiking shoes and did an 11km hike around the neighborhood and through town…want to accompany me!!!!

DSC02356

In the next community there was a big festival taking place and as far as I could find out they were celebrating to the Saint who brings rain!!!

DSC02353

DSC02354

DSC02358

The locals sure know how to celebrate!!!

I then passed Rafael and his family he is L & G’s gardener and I know him well I told him he would get in trouble from Linda when she sees the photo for not wearing helmets!!!

DSC02361

The next few photos are just of interesting sights in town!!

DSC02368

DSC02369

DSC02370

DSC02371

DSC02372

DSC02377

DSC02378

the school where I teach English!!

DSC02379

DSC02390

The little store where I often get a chicken for Paola to take home!!!

DSC02392

DSC02397

DSC02398

DSC02395

As always I enjoy the walks…..

So now I have had supper and going back to sorting out my walk in closet and then tea and to finish the night I shall be watching a live hockey game!!

Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...