Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday 23rd January 2011…Sunday musings and a photo less blog!!

Some things I forgot to mention…Leah my injured tennis partner e mailed me to tell me apart from a black eye she is fine so that is great news I am going to suggest to her that on Wednesday when we play again she might want to borrow my crash helmet and visor!!!!

When we had the 4 girls over on Friday and I was cooking them hamburgers they were sat around the outside table doing bead jewellery and I was so proud because I asked them in Spanish if they wanted beso with their burgers…..they all burst out laughing and I realized that I  had asked them if they wanted kisses with their burgers, cheese is queso!!!!!

Also the other day I was doing some watering in the front yard when the small herd of cattle came by the house I see them once in a while the herdsman was an old, old man with such a wrinkled face and carrying a big stick…I said hello to him and he wished me a good afternoon, I asked him to wait and went into the house and got him a can of pop I came out and gave it to him and as well as saying thank you he wanted to shake my hand…..I did and his hand was so calloused..I would have loved to have taken his photo but I thought his pride may have been affected.

Talking about language problems last night at the play they had an intermission and there was an American lady selling wine in the entrance and round the corner was a small fridge with cokes and sprites in …so I went to her and said “Excuse me where do I pay for the pop?”  She looked at me like I was talking a foreign language and said “Pop”  I said “yes where do I pay for the pop?”   Again she said what is pop?”  I said in the cooler round the corner”  She came around and looked an said” Oh you mean soda!!”……..OK it must be the English in me!!!!

Well played my usual Sunday morning tennis and managed to get through with out injuring anyone…I really do enjoy the games…came home and Sara made delicious pancakes I did some work washing Ramona then read, drank, slept and we then played lots of Backgammon games and it was a tie!!!!

I cooked supper and we were about to watch TV but somehow we could not get the TV to work there are 2 remotes and I cannot figure it out I will have to call Guy in Hawaii and ask him how…

We have to be up at 5.45 am…yes am tomorrow…you will have to wait and see why!!!!!!

PURA VIDA!!!

2 comments:

Kevin Read said...

What a great day!

Kevin had that problem once with is Spanish many years ago, when he wanted to say that was good food "Buena comida" instead in said "Buena colita" which is believe is "good ass". He was just a little embarassed.

Saying "pop" is not really the English in you, its the Canadian in you. Our son has been going to school in the States for the last 5years and laughs at us if we say "pop" as they all call it soda.

Kevin and Ruth
www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

Kevin Read said...

What a great day!

Kevin had that problem once with is Spanish many years ago, when he wanted to say that was good food "Buena comida" instead in said "Buena colita" which is believe is "good ass". He was just a little embarassed.

Saying "pop" is not really the English in you, its the Canadian in you. Our son has been going to school in the States for the last 5years and laughs at us if we say "pop" as they all call it soda.

Kevin and Ruth
www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...