Sunday, January 30, 2011

Saturday 29th January 2011…a fun filled Saturday!!

Today was the big day to take the girls to a huge theme park in Quertero, about a one hour’s drive away…before we got to Casar Hogar I sort of knew that Paola would not be allowed to go again and sure enough when we arrived Paola opened the gate for us she put on a brave face and I spent a few minutes with her and she then went into the kitchen…it was hard for me to see because I know how much she wanted to come but I understand and respect the Madre’s decision and just hope that Paola learns from this and that she can with us later on in the week….

We left with Daniela and another delightful girl Chuya, she is 11 years old…Sara had packed some sandwiches, fruit and drinks for everyone and we were on our way…the park was very easy to find and it was huge and beautiful…sit back, relax and enjoy a day at the park!!!!

jan29 002

jan29 003

jan29 006

jan29 012

jan29 020

jan29 024

jan29 031

jan29 034

jan29 036

The roller coaster above Sara and Chuya went on, Daniela did not because she was too small and I did not because I was too chicken!!!

This next ride Sara opted not to go so I went with the girls and boy was that a mistake in the picture below we had just come through a huge waterfall and we all had got completely soaked!!!

jan29 041

but did it stop the girls???

NO!!!

jan29 042

We had to through again!!!!

jan29 044

I told them three times was enough for me!!!

jan29 048

jan29 056

The paddle boats were next!!!

jan29 061

jan29 071

I think someone forgot to tell Sara that when you are out on a paddle boat you actually have to paddle!!!!

jan29 075Daniela took this!!

jan29 078

jan29 084

jan29 089

I was the only one brave enough to tackle this ride I must have been over a 1000 feet in the air…….maybe!!!

Well we spent nearly 6 hours in the park and when we left I noticed the van did not sound right and I stopped and sure enough one of the front tires was flat as luck would have it we were about 50 feet away from a repair shop and the young kid there looked at it and filled it up with air and it stayed inflated…….whilst waiting tire this beautiful 3 year old girl came out of the house next door, talked to her Mum and she is going to a wedding!!!!

 

jan29 092

I stopped a couple of times to check on the tire and it was OK…we dropped the girls off at 6.30pm and they had a real blast and it almost goes without saying they were so well behaved, polite and a joy to be with….Sara and I dashed home for quick showers before heading back down town on the scooter for another concert at the same theatre…this was a Cuban concert with music from the Buena Vista club era…..it was invigorating and  entertaining…

jan29 109

jan29 110

We came home and we enjoyed watching a good movie called Crash….

It is now 2am and I am trying to stay awake to watch the live coverage of the Australian open tennis match but I am not going to make it but I checked the guide and there is a repeat of the final at noon tomorrow …..so if no one tells me the score I shall watch that after I come back from playing tennis……a great day!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...