Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday 25th June 2011………..Day two done!!

Had a great sleep and took the opportunity to have a shower in Chris’s casa and was on the road by 8am after my second great couch surfing experience!!!

The first stop was down town Bellingham where I gassed up..

jun25 002

When I am on the road I use this great website called gasbuddy.com   it shows you the price of gas in every town in the USA and Canada so I choose the cities I am going through and find the cheapest price a good thing for me with the amount that Ramona drinks…the price above was way cheaper than anything else in Bellingham in fact it is the cheapest anywhere I have seen in 2 days!!

On the main street came across this accident!!

jun25 004

I left on the Interstate for about 20 miles and then got on to the secondary roads which I much prefer..check out the scenery changes as I head east…

jun25 018

jun25 025

jun25 030

jun25 034

jun25 022

I came across this small farmers market

jun25 012

and couldn’t resist

jun25 013

the owner told me they were picked about 45 minutes before I bought them!!

jun25 039

The Grand Coulee dam is the third highest hydropower producer in the world!!

jun25 038

Notice the change in the scenery…

jun25 042

jun25 043

After 315 miles I found this quiet safe spot in the town of Davenport still in Washington State!!

jun25 045

I am picking up someone’s Wi fi..had supper and now going to watch True Grit which I rented from the Red Box dispenser in Bellingham for a dollar it better be a good movie or Ross you will be hearing from me!!!

jun25 046

I just received an e mail from my friends Terri and Mike Church, they are the author’s of all the great RV books and I see them each year in San Miguel…the e mail said  ..”Les I am sure we just passed you going in the opposite direction in the town of Wilbur about 6pm”..well that was me what a small world I wished we could have stopped and spent the evening together!!!!

My friend in Nanaimo Mary is not feeling great and I want to wish her my best wishes she loves hummingbirds and I brought her this feeder back in April and she sent me this photo today, blessings to you Mary.

hummers feedingLooks like the birds like it!!

So two days done and so far everything is going so well…will post tomorrow if I can,,,have a great Sunday!!

3 comments:

Kevin Read said...

Great pictures Les. If it is the remake of the original True Grit we didn't find it very good. If you haven't seen the original with John Wayne, then I suggest that you watch it as well, so you can make a comparission of them both. We really like the original even after all these years.

Kevin and Ruth
www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

mexicokid said...

It was Ok but not a great movie, can you believe I passed the Church's..small world....this was a great boondocking place quiet and i am getting Wi fi cheers Les

Elaine said...

If memory serves me correctly, you are about to see some very different landscape. I think you will be driving through lava for miles. I found it pretty boring, but interesting to see.

Elaine in Saltair, BC

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...