Friday, March 24, 2017

Friday 24th March 2017...a true Pearson day!!!!!

A day to myself!!!!

I bumped into Sylvestre yesterday, I wrote about him a couple of days ago, he told me he was OK but was separated from his family and he was in need of blankets, pillows and towels..I told him I would check around and I gave him 200 pesos....

I talked to Gracie, the kind lady that bought Little Blackie, she had me over to see her new house a few days ago and she said she had a few extra things...anyway after class last night Gracie drove over to my casita with some lovely pillows, a thick woolen blanket and a towel, very kind of her.....

So I called Sylvestre but his cell phone was not working so I decided to put a message on the Civil List asking if anyone saw him driving around town to stop him and give him my cell number so he could call me.....after I posted that message I left to walk to go get Little Bluey and I turn the corner and who do you think is there????  Yes the man himself...he came over to my place and took the things and very genuinely asked me to thank Gracie on his behalf...


Which I think is one of these moments below!!!


serendipitous

Serendipitous is an adjective that describes accidentally being in the right place at the right time, like bumping into a good friend in some unusual location, or finding a hundred dollar bill on the ground.
The root of serendipitous comes from the fairy tale "The Three Princes of Serendip," in which three princes make one lucky and surprising discovery after another. A serendipitous moment happens by accident, usually when you’re doing something completely unrelated, like digging a hole in your yard to bury your hamster and finding a treasure chest of jewels. That’s a sad but serendipitous funeral.

On the way to get the car I passed this big school and there was an important soccer game taking place as I approached the ball came over the fence and I went and got it and kicked it back over, yes after all these years I can still kick a pretty mean soccer ball, anyway I did this  and about 6 or 7 of the kinds shouted to me..'Thank you"...I would have thought after all these years I could pass for a Mexican but I guess not...too funny!!!!
I got the car and i was driving to a town about 30 minutes away to try to buy some pottery..at the first nasty junction came across this scene!!!

I have never seen a road littered so much like this...

This is my destination...
I stopped in this huge store
Can you believe that every piece of pottery is hand painted like this!!!

You can buy almost anything !!
I did find a coupe of pieces to add to my 'herd"!!!



Enjoyed the quiet day no appointments no tennis, no hiking, no classes a true day to myself!!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

4 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Dolores Hidalgo is a nice place. We sure enjoyed it there. It's nice to be able to give a man some things for comfort...

Unknown said...

We bought a tin star lantern there and Peter fretted how on earth we we get that through US customs as it had a million pointy bits! Think weapon. My favorite were the pottery humminbirds, thankfully all my pottery made it home safely. Cheers Les.

mexicokid said...

YOU KNOW I AW THOSE HUMMING BIRD FEEDERS AND LIKED THEM BUT WAS NOT SURE THE BIRDS WOULD DID YOU GET ONE AND USE ONE AND DID THEM COME? LES

Unknown said...

These were flat hang on the wall ceramic hummingbird decoration, 35 pesos each not a feeder.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...