Saturday, June 30, 2018

Saturday 30 th June 2018...just a slow day...NOT!!!!

Had a good breakfast before saying my goodbyes at the Airbnb and today was going to be a travelling day with lots of unknown places to visit.


My first stop was here in the village where I am staying to see this mans grave...









Next was the lovely market town of Bakewell and as luck would have it today was a celebration day and there were street musicians and dancers, farmers market and food stalls and of course great weather...









This bridge is quite amazing I have seen locks on bridges before and mainly in Europe but there were hundreds of locks on this bridge...


















These puppets remind me of the ones in SMA..









After a stay in Bakewell is was onto Monsal Head and the bridge..












Walked down and around quite lovely...


This was my next stop....






In this photo below it was impossible to get one of the rocks alone because this man stripped down to his shorts decided the big rock in the middle was a great place to sunbathe.....many people wanted photos and I walked down to him and politely asked if he could find another rock not in the circle as many of us wanted photos but not of your belly......his reply was unprintable!!!









My mind wondered what ceremonies have taken place here during the years..






Next it was to the Magpie mine a very well preserved mine..














And finally to here...












It seems there are many such circles throughout this area..


Some photos on the drive...






What Englishmen do on a warm sunny afternoon...





For uninitiated...cricket!!








At 5 pm I went to the home of Margaret and Ian....we have been friends for 55 years and Ian and I grew up together in the Salvation Army and were great buddies all through our young teen age years.....










I always come to visit them and I always get treated to a great meal this time in a pub close to their home....thanks for dinner and great to catch up!!


I was home around 10.30pm and had an enjoyable weekend...


My car insurance expires at midnight so no more driving and thank you Janet for the loan of Little Jan!!!


You do know that by clicking on any individual photo you can make it larger👍


Yashi Kochi!!


No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...