Thursday, June 28, 2018

Thursday 29th June 2018.....last road trip!!!

First thing on my agenda this morning was finding someone to help with the blogging issue I am having... I checked yellow pages and found a small company that was in the village..long story short the twenty something old young man fixed it for me quite easily!!


Around lunch time I headed out on my last little road trip as my  car insurance runs out at midnight on Saturday......this time I am heading back to my old stomping grounds from when I was a young teenager and into the Derbyshire moors.....






As a family we spent many hours hiking around here...









I found my Airbnb and Marion my hostess is lovely and we had tea as she showed me around and provided me with some maps for some great hikes.









My room is small but perfectly adequate and after sorting myself out I left through the front door and had these views..



Looking back at the house..









And then walked down to the river...









Into the moors for a two hour walk......




Saw this sheep laying down next to a rock...



But wait.....















Came home and literally two minutes away is a nice looking pub that served me a great dinner whilst I watched the England versus Belgium soccer game live from Russia...not really a meaningful match as both teams were already through to the next knock out rounds..but I still enjoyed the game and the lovely meal..



Walked home and had a bath and now doing the blog......


Tomorrow I have a ten mile hiked planned and the weather again is supposed to be sunny and hot!!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...