Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Tuesday 19th June 2018...a family day!!!

Today I went back to the town of my birth Doncaster........







My fist stop was to visit with my cousin Shelia and her husband Peter......my Mum and Shelia’s Mum Connie were not only sisters but the very best of friends and Shelia is the only relative I have from my Mums side of the family so it was great to visit with them...Shelia is much older than me.....one week..we always tease about that....a lovely visit!!!









I then went to the cemetery where my parents ashes are










The headstone as you can see is very hard to read and Malc and I have agreed we are going to get it re gilded they do it for a small fee and it will last much longer and be legible.


My next stop was to see the bungalow where my parents last lived and they both died peacefully in their sleep her Mum in 1995 and Dad in 2006...






This is the building where it all began for me on 22nd May 1948...






This was the first home where I grew up......






This are is where my Dad and his siblings used to play as kids..very pretty!!





















Finally I went to visit my only uncle my Uncle Bram, who is my Dad’s younger brother.....sadly Bram lost the love of his life Rita in December three weeks short of their 67th wedding anniversary.....we had a really good visit and I then took him out for his favourite meal fish and chips....


Bram is 91 years young and I do mean young..he still plays badminton once a week and still goes to sequence dance nights once a week......he is almost the smitten image of my Dad with all the same mannerisms.....you must agree he looks so good!!!







I had a lovely day out and so proud to have wonderful family members!!


YASHI Kochi!!!

6 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Your Uncle Bram looks younger than 91. He must have been always a very active person. Your Mother was born August 1918, but what day? My Mother was born August 18, 1918, and we lost her August 16, 1988.

mexicokid said...

Thanks Bram looks great..Mum was born 4th August and lost her on Valentine’s Day 1995....lp

financebulls said...

Are you in search of a legitimate loan? We offer loan all kinds to prospective individuals, company, cooperate bodies as well as organizations. If interested do get back to us via Email: financebulls247@gmail.com

max william said...

Do you need Finance?
Are you looking for Finance?
Are you looking for a money to enlarge your business?
We help individuals and companies to obtain loan for business
expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get a loan at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this cash/loan for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via Email:maxcreditfinance@googlemail.com

FAST LOAN OFFER whats-App +918929509036 said...

We Offer Loan At A Very Low Rate Of 3%. If Interested, Kindly Contact Us Now.email us now reply to(urgentloan22@gmail.com) /whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

FAST LOAN OFFER whats-App +918929509036 said...

We Offer Loan At A Very Low Rate Of 3%. If Interested, Kindly Contact Us Now.email us now reply to(urgentloan22@gmail.com) /whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...