Sunday, July 01, 2018

Sunday 1st July 2018....can you believe another month!!!


Canada Day, also known as Canada’s Birthday, is a nationally mandated holiday that celebrates the establishment of Canada as a country on July 1, 1867. It is a holiday that is not only celebrated all across the country, but also by Canadians worldwide.

On July 1, 1867, the British North America Act joined the colonies of the Province of Canada, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick into one federation . Effectively, creating Canada as a sovereign nation under British rule. Originally, Great Britain reserved some of its political vestiges of the country for itself, but as the years went by these were eventually shed off; until 1982, when Canada achieved full sovereignty under the Constitution Act.

Today, it is celebrated in much the same way July 4th is celebrated in the United States. Many communities and individuals have barbecues, picnics, public displays of fireworks and parades. International celebrations are held throughout the world, with some of the more prominent ones being in Tralfagar Square in London, a celebration of hockey and food in New York’s Central Park and at Bund Beach in China by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai.



Happy day to all my lovely Canadian friends....






Also today is voting day in Mexico and I hope for a peaceful day there...




Not much on my agenda this morning except to wash and clean up Little Jan.....






It was also Cottingham days today.....so after my very lazy morning which of course started by saying rabbits, rabbits, rabbits 🐇 I went into the village to check out the festivities....
























It was small but fun...then Malc and I had booked a tour to go to the top of the church tower...






That is where we climbed up..





This was great and very informative and the views quite spectacular ...




This windmill is about 5 km away...















and even saw J and M house...






Tonight I treated Janet, Malc and Andy for dinner and afterwards we saw another live game from Russia..the games are elimination now so exciting!!


Tomorrow Malc and I leave for three days on a coach tour to the city of Liverpool....we stay two nights in a rather old but wonderful hotel right down town...we get two breakfast and dinners and then free time to explore...I have booked two tours but you will have to wait to read about those...


I presume I shall be able to post..so stay tuned!!


I hope this is true!!!!!








Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

But I bet the males resent the hell out of walking around with pink tusks!! LOL!! They could at least have given them blue ones!

mexicokid said...

I love the pink.....hope it works ...lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...