Thursday, June 14, 2018

Thursday 14th June 2018......this and that and the other!!!

No more of those lazy days for me....I started out this morning with my one hour walk around the village and into the country where lots of horses are boarded...
















As I returned through town an elderly man was walking towards me and he smiled and this is what he said to me...


“Tha luks like tha cud walk round bloody world”


Translated from Yorkshire to English he said”I look like I could walk around the bloody world”



I smiled and thanked him and it reminded me of two things..firstly these are the small insignificant things that happen almost daily to me in SMA an interaction that is trivial but also touches you.


Secondly I began to realize that apart from Asia and South America I really have walked all around the world.


Home for breakfast and then a very frustrating 45 minute conversation with someone connected with my bank back in Canada.....


Will try to condense the story but it all started on 20 February back in the big supermarket in SMA when I went to the ATM and withdrew 500 dollars equivalent in pesos...no problem so far except when I got home and checked my account I saw the transaction had been taken out of my account twice...


I immediately called my bank and informed them of the situation and they told me they would start an investigation but it would take 50 days and for me to call back then.......


On calling back they informed me that they had contacted the merchant and could not resolve this matter and then they told me they had sent a letter to my home address informing me that the matter was closed and for me to take it up with the merchant..this of course did not sit well with me and I called them back and they told me to send them a letter which I did one week ago.


To date I heard no response to my letter so I called again.....I got the usual run around and passed from one department to another I halted this and asked to speak to a person in charge who could actually help me...


The woman they connected me to was not helpful and she told me they would appeal the ruling but it would take 35 more days.


I told her this was unacceptable and I told her in the letter I had written I had outlined my position with the bank....a customer in good standing with a good profile and credit rating since 1993.....


All of my investments accounts are with the bank....my insurance policy everything...all I needed was someone who had the authority to say to me Mr.Pearson we are sorry this happened and as an act of good faith and customer appreciation we have credited your account today with 500 dollars...but this was not happening.


I quietly and simply asked the lady if this conversation was being recorded and she said yes and I said good because you will have it on record that when I return to my home town next month my first appointment will be with the bank manager of my branch and if the money is not in my account by then I shall withdraw all my funds close the accounts and move across the street.


Actually it was a long story after all.....


This afternoon Malc and Andy and myself went to play snooker for an hour..






Home in time to watch the first of the many live soccer games from Russia for the World Cup......and of course the English who are proud and staunch supporters call it football.






Getting ready for my next road trip which starts tomorrow...where to you might ask??


You will have to wait till I write tomorrow night’s blog!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Customer service is paramount. If you're not happy you should change banks, and there must be some independant place where you can file a complaint... Best of luck with this.

mexicokid said...

Thanks it is only a small matter but all my years of being a customer must stand for something...cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...