Thursday, June 21, 2018

Thursday 21st June 2018.......the long day!!!

Janet packed me up a wonderful lunch and Little Jan and I were on the road by 9am headed here....




To the small town of Otley.


Mainly motorway driving for the first hour and then into the beautiful Yorkshire moors this was my first stop...














Then onto this gorgeous area where I had lunch...












Had to get a waterfall in didn’t I??...







This Bolton Abbey...






Did I cross on the stones??


Of course I did!!




















Then arrived at my Airbnb around 4pm.....it is another in the long line of great rooms...lovely hostess and use of all facilities..





The river is about fifty yards away...













This town is the birth place of Chippendale...







Not them




Him...





Thomas Chippendale (1718 – 1779) was born in Otley in the West Riding of Yorkshire, England in June 1718. He became a cabinet-maker in London, designing furniture in the mid-Georgian, English Rococo, and Neoclassical styles. In 1754 he published a book of his designs, titled The Gentleman and Cabinet Maker's Director, upon which success he became renowned. The designs are regarded as reflecting the current British fashion for furniture of that period and are today reproduced globally. He was buried 16 November 1779, according to the records of St Martin-in-the-Fields, in the cemetery since built upon by the National Gallery. Chippendale furniture is highly valued; a padouk cabinet that came up for auction in 2008 sold for £2,729,250.[1]


Had a cuppa and relaxed and then walked into the village, not far, to a pub where I watched a great live soccer game from Russia whilst eating a delicious pub dinner....


Tomorrow I have planned a 9 mile hike for the day and the main reason I am here is to watch some more live tennis at the weekend.


Happy solstice enjoy the longest day of the year!!


Yashi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...