Saturday, June 23, 2018

Saturday 23 rd June 2018...sports nut!!!

Made myself a nice breakfast this morning and then walked into town to see the small farmers market.


Then I drove the ten minutes to the town of..






Where I had tickets for two days of tennis....






In professional tennis there are different levels of competition the biggie of course is the four grand slams...after that come the ATP masters circuit.....then the challenger circuit and finally the futures circuit.....the level at all of them is fantastic and intense and this tournament was on the challenger circuit.


The venue is very well laid out and the facilities excellent..it is a lot smaller than most and spectator seat are only on the two sides and not behind the server a shame since that is where I like to sit.


The weather was dry and fairly warm but very little sunshine....I had a good seat and I saw both the semi finals of the men’s division...


















Both good matches played at a high intensity level and were entertaining...


There was a break and I drove into the town found a local pub and sat and watched Mexico get another victory in the World Cup soccer qualifying match....viva Mexico 🇲🇽!!!


Back to the stadium for the 6 pm start of the men’s doubles final....I do like to watch doubles they are so fast and some of the shots are unbelievable..









I was home by 8pm and throughly enjoyed the day.....


Maybe there will  be a repeat tomorrow???


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Are my eyes deceiving me! Is that a grass tennis court? As you can tell, I know very little about tennis and proper courts. I thought most were clay!

mexicokid said...

Oh my Dee I need to educate you..the surfaces bathetic play on are grass at Wimbledon.....clay in Paris..and Australia and New York hard courts...so yes this is clay ready for Wimbledon next week......cheers lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...