Thursday, September 03, 2015

Thursday 3rd September 2015….Day 10!!!

This morning was like yesterday a good sleep followed by a nice early morning walk….we had such fun last night that’s all we talked about this morning over breakfast how lucky I am to have special friends in all parts of the country!!!!

I said my fond farewells and was on the road by 11am…as soon as I got on the main highway the rain started and just about all the way….

DSC05762

Stopped here for a short break and let little Bluey relax!!!

DSC05768

It feels a bit strange to be back in this province…I lived here from 1980 – 1993!!!

DSC05771

Soon as I was entering the park

DSC05772

So 4 hours after I left I was at my accommodation for 3 nights……Jasper is very expensive and this weekend is also a long weekend and I did have trouble finding a place to stay…but I did find this place on line through a site I had not used before but I had contacted the landlady by e mail and she sounded nice so I booked and I have the room for 90 dollars per night and it is very comfortable and clean and 2 minutes from down town Jasper!!!

DSC05778

DSC05774

DSC05776

DSC05775

I got settled in and then went for a walk into town bought a few groceries and unfortunately the place I chose for dinner was not good so I must make a better choice tomorrow….there is a fridge in the room but no micro….

Got cleaned up and listening to music and writing this…..I also gained an hour with the time difference…the forecast is not great and I am here for 3 nights but I fully intend not to let the weather bother me I have really warm clothes and good rain gear……..

There is also a major bicycle race going through town on Friday and Saturday…….

Yashi kochi!!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...