Saturday, September 19, 2015

Saturday 19th September 2015…Saturday so must be sports day!!!!

Lilly and I went out for our morning walk at 7.30am this morning there was a misty rain and it was a bit cool but she had fun and did what she had to do if you know what I mean!!!!

Home and had breakfast watching a live soccer game from England and then got ready for my 10am tennis at the club and like yesterday no doubt we would play we just go to the 4 courts inside the bubble.

It was a three good games I do enjoy these mixers and get some great games…..afterwards went to Heather and Kirby's and helped Heather a little bit as their Aunt Doll and Uncle Bob are arriving tomorrow for 6 days it will be great to see them I last saw them when I stayed with them at their beautiful lake side cottage in Smith Falls Ontario  when I did my cross country tour in 2011 in Ramona….

I did some shopping for Heather and then came back and I have been trying to cut the grass but with the intermittent rain it has been hard but since it had not rained since this morning around 6pm I got to the task….Karen has a beautiful garden and she takes good care of it and is  a hard task mistress so I hope it meets her approval!!!

DSC06637

DSC06640

I cooked myself a nice dinner then took you know who

DSC06639

out for a walk…then it was bath time and now going to watch some more soccer on TV….

I have had a few e mails asking me what exactly are my travel plans and I can answer that to a certain point so here goes……

I leave here 29th September on the Noordam cruise ship from Vancouver to New Zealand……I get off the ship in Wellington NZ on 5th November where I pick up my hire care and tour the North island of NZ ending in Auckland on 20th November where I have an apartment for three days before I fly to Queenstown on the south island where on the 25th November I start a 5 day 60 km hike which is rated as one of the top ten hikes in the world….

On the 29th November I again pick up a car hire and tour the south island till 20th December when I start a three week housesit in Christchurch..the family have a young lab who needs looking after….it will be nice to stay put for a while and eat some home cooked meals and I have also got permission to join a local tennis club for a month.

The 18th January I fly from Christchurch to Melbourne where I have another apartment booked for a week and have two day tickets to the Aussie open tennis grand slam…that takes me to the 25th January…..  from here I have nothing set in stone and will work on that time later this year…..I do know that late May I want to go to my brother’s home and then buy a car and spend the summer touring all of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales and be back at my brother’s house for the first week in October when it is Janet and Malc’s 50th wedding anniversary which I shall look forward to being a part of……

What then…good question…..I think I will return to Nanaimo spend a little while there and then get Little Bluey and return to San Miguel ……

Of course after January anything can happen…

Wish everybody a great Sunday and want to send my love and blessings to my lovely friend Rita!!!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...