Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Tuesday 9th June 2015……Back on the Island!!!

Up early this morning and at the ferry terminal by 7am for the 8.30am sailing to Nanaimo….it was a good crossing it takes 90minutes and here are the shots coming into the terminal..

DSC03614

DSC03615

DSC03619

DSC03621

A ten minute drive and I was home……Heather and Kirby have been so kind to me over the years and I do feel like family and at home….Heather always puts up balloons and writes on the window and here is my bedroom for the next few months!!!!

DSC03623

DSC03624

DSC03625

DSC03626

The ocean and mountains from my room.

DSC03628

Even have photos of my family and girls!!!

DSC03629

the back yard

DSC03631

and right outside my bedroom is the 60 inch TV!!!

DSC03634

and I watched the Mexican team draw with Columbia

DSC03635

Ok course Boomer made a big fuss over me!!!

DSC03639

DSC03636

DSC03641

I have to say thank you to Alex because it is his bedroom I am using.he is in Australia till almost the end of September……Ben the oldest boy is also away for the summer he is a high level kayak guide …so just the youngest kid zack is home and as you know he is the GOLFER…so you know where he sends all his time….

It feels good to be back and now I can settle down in one place for a while……

My friend Inga e mailed me about a local tennis drop in group

DSC03646

So I went tonight and enjoyed two hours of tennis…not bad is it been on the island less than 10 hours and already on the courts….

DSC03644

A bit different to SMA as these are hard courts but enjoyed the new group!!!!

So a nice return and a wonderful welcome home I am so lucky to have so many special friends in my life!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Croft said...

Welcome home Les! I like your room, specially the Canucks Jersey which I hope you will wear for our fish and chips dinner when you come up.

mexicokid said...

I cannot decide to come in either my Oilers or Kings shirt!!!!L

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...