Sunday, June 14, 2015

Sunday 14th June 2015…an easy day!!!

Today a special girl in San Miguel is turning 14 years of age…I hope that she had a wonderful and lovely day…Happy birthday Paola!!!!

DSC08924

DSC08200

Well as I was having breakfast and checking the TSN website on my computer I realized that there was a European soccer game from Slovenia(love that country t when I was there a few summers ago) playing England and it started at 9am our time so I dashed down stairs to the TV did I mention it is a 60 inch TV and surfed the channels and found the game so that  was a treat this morning and it was a pulsating and entertaining game!!!

_83624907_rooney

After the game got packed up and went here for a great hike!!!

 

 

Why's it called Ammonite Falls?

Ammonite Falls is named for the fossils that inhabit the stack of sedimentary layers of rock kept slick by the falls. A brief foray into the rock matrix in the Benson Creek Falls Regional Park reveals a vast number of concretions, ball'o'fossils that can be broken open to reveal ancient life. Most concretions contain merely a protean speck, while others house ammonites, snail-like creatures similar in shape and form to the modern nautilus. These were very common in Paleozoic and Mesozoic oceans, 400 to 65 million years ago. Many large shells are embedded in the stone of the riverbed (one at least is as big around as a vinyl record, and a meter-across fossil was newly found in the area sometime around 2012).

 

Lovely trails through huge trees

DSC03732

DSC03734

DSC03735

Still some lovely colors around..

DSC03731

DSC03730

Soon the trail got harder and I had to use the ropes to get down the banks….

DSC03737

DSC03738

The first view of the pool below the falls

DSC03739

One more steep section to go down

DSC03742

and then the falls although at this time of year with not lots of rain they were just a trickle…

DSC03744

Still a beautiful place to have lunch

DSC03745

DSC03751

DSC03753

DSC03756

The view from the top of the falls…

DSC03758

DSC03761

As I got to the top of the roped section there was a lady trying to come down with her dog but the dog wanted nothing  to do with going down that bank she asked me if there was another way to get down and I told her no but I also told her I would be happy to hold her dog whist she went down…here I am babysitting Isobel!!!

DSC03759

Doris raised a gentleman!!!

It was a great 3 hours and below is what the falls look like in Spring and I have seen them like this!!!

ammonite-falls-by-collicutt-sm

Did some reading this evening then BBQ for the boys!!!

DSC03763

BBQ with an ocean view.!!!

Watched the last quarter of the basketball finals and there you have it another great day!!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...