Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday 24th September 2012……a relaxing day!!!!!

image

This is the route I shall follow when I leave in the morning and I hope to be in Tucson late Thursday afternoon.

Had a really easy morning I was up at 8am and went for my usual walk when I stay at G & L…

DSCF5790

This beautiful park is only 100 yards from their house.

DSCF5792

but I was disappointed to see that my favorite trail was closed!!

DSCF5791

so I still enjoyed my walk by the river but had to return the same way.very pretty don’t you think?

DSCF5796

DSCF5795

DSCF5793

On the drive here on Sunday I discovered two things about Yaretzi…..one is that the 12 volt slot where I plugged in my GPS did not work and secondly I miss cruise control as my knee gets a little stiff having it on the gas pedal all the time.

Well last night when Ron was here we discovered that the fuse was missing in the fuse box for the 12 volt slot and so this afternoon Gail and I went and did some errands which included going to their mechanic to check the situation out.  The young guy was really good he found that yes the fuse was missing which he replaced but also that there was a small piece of metal jammed into the slot so the GPS would not connect anyway.  He removed the metal and now all is fine and he also located a hiding spot to put the spare key which is in one of those metallic magnetic boxes which Heather and the boys gave to me.  Well he had to put Yaretzi on the hoist to find any metal amazing how much plastic the cars are made of today…but he did find a place and now it is safely secured and I just hope that if I ever need to use it I can remember where he put it!!!!  The best part he only charged me 10 dollars!!!

Back home Larry and I worked on the knee problem.  I had a brilliant idea, or so I thought, if Larry could design and build a stick with a foot like thingie on the end when I am on a straight safe stretch of highway I could take my leg off the gas and stretch my knee for half minute whilst holding the gas pedal down with the stick….well Larry genius that he is built me the ideal thing in less than 10 minutes and here it is!!!

DSCF5798We tried it out and it works like a charm and Larry named it the ‘Mexican cruise control”

This evening I treat Gail and Larry to fish and chips and mushy peas it is tradition with us now…we then watched a movie and now time for bed…..

I always enjoy myself here and G & L treat me so well thanks so much for everything see you in March in Mexico!!!!

2 comments:

Kevin Read said...

You can get aftermarket cruise control installed. I would call ahead to somewhere along your route through the U.S. and see who can do it. The dealer might be expensive, but may offer the most authentic fit. A European car specialty shop may be the better idea. I'd expect it will cost somewhere between $300-$500, but I'd call it money well spent!

Croft said...

I had a 1961 Volvo that had a "throttle control", a lever on the dash connected by cable to the gas pedal. You pull it out as far (fast) as you want and lock it in place. Almost like cruise control except you had to use the gas to get up a hill and disconnect it when you braked.

Is that snow behind the "Trail Closed" fence?

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...