Sunday, September 23, 2012

Saturday 22nd September 2012……almost ready!!

Up at 7am to watch a live soccer game from England and then Heather and I took Boomer to Neck Point for a walk and a swim for Boomer…..it is very lovely place!!

DSCF5723

DSCF5720

We came home and then I went and did some last minute shopping and stopped off close to where I used to work for 14 years so snapped this photo!!!

DSCF5727

I spent 14 very happy years here waiting on and enjoyed every single day.

I then went to watch the Men’s University soccer team…and on the other field some kids were playing!!!

DSCF5729

DSCF5730

DSCF5732

The referee for this game is a young man called Matt……he and I go way back to when he was a 13 year old novice ref and I was the Educator, mentor and training officer.  I knew there was going to be trouble with Matt he was a funny, yappy, young kid who liked to argue with me and of course he never won!!!!

I have watched him develop over the last 10 years to where he is now the best and youngest referee on the Island and I am so proud of him and to know I helped a little is a great joy to me…..I mean just check out that pose!!!!!

Heather did her usual spoiling of me with a turkey farewell dinner and even two of the boys were able to eat with us, Alex had to work and Kirby is still away.

Then Heather and I picked up our friend Irene and we went to the local Baptist church for an incredible night of music.

A young lady whose whole family I know was performing and celebrating the release of her first CD which was produced by a very famous musician and director from Nashville Gordon Mote.  Val sang 4 of her songs from the CD and her voice is divine and then Gordon entertained for nearly two hours.  He plays the piano like no other and he has a rich voice, a fabulous stage presence and the crowd of 500 people were thrilled…did I mention that Gordon has been blind since birth!!!!   Google him you will be amazed.

Back home said my farewells to the boys I shall miss them they have been a big part of my life!!!

There are no words to express my thanks to heather and Kirby for all they have done for me all these past years…they have opened up their home, their lives and their family to me…I love you all!

So the big day is finally here and I catch the 8.30am ferry…..I will blog when I can and I want to thank everyone for such kind wishes and words of encouragement to me as I set off on yet another journey!!!!!

 

Yashi koshi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...