Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday 14th September 2012….an easy day!!!

May as well get used to it…another great sunny morning!!!  I had breakfast with my friend John this morning he is excited as he is almost down to his last few weeks before retirement!!!

Then it was back home

these are the deer from our yard!!

DSCF5574

DSCF5573

and getting my stuff together for the walk and then off to do some chores and to meet Barb and Dave for lunch and say my fond goodbyes…I do have some really great friends!!!

I then drove to Youbou

Map picture

DSCF5579

where I had to register for the walk. It is very well organized and you are allowed to leave spare clothes at any one of the 10 rest stations…so I did that.

These are a few shots of the lake I shall be walking around!!

DSCF5575

DSCF5576

DSCF5577

I then came to Sara’s house where I am staying the night…her house is just 25 minutes away from the start line so the plan is to go to bed and set my alarm for 3.45 am and then drive to the start line for 5 am!!!!

I am not taking any excess weight so that includes my camera so I shall be using shots from the walk I did three years ago.

So wish me luck the weather is going to be sunny and warm just the way I like it Yashi Koshi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...