Thursday, September 27, 2012

Friday 27th September 2012…part one complete!!!!

I was wide awake and refreshed at 5.45am so decided to get an early start…this was the sun rise on the mighty Colorado!!!

DSCF5849

DSCF5850

DSCF5851

DSCF5852

The drive today was mainly on Interstate and then back to my favorite Highway 93….I made lots of stops to get last minute things and for a stretch and arrive in Tucson at 3pm and 560 km later….Linda has booked me into the same hotel she is staying and the room is grand!!!

DSCF5857

DSCF5855

It was only a matter of minutes before I had my first cuppa in 4 days…withdrawals!!!!

DSCF5859

Linda came home from the hospital about 4pm and we chatted and I found out all about Guy…he has had such a hard time since July 2nd but his latest operation went well and he may be back out of the hospital this weekend but still has a few weeks of recovery in front of him.

Linda and I went around the corner to a nice restaurant and just talked away the early evening….she is really tired so I hope for two days I can help and make her smile a little!!!

The room is great and it is tea, some TV, some sorting and then an early night.

Yaretzi was brilliant some of my friends have suggested that I got here too fast but the drive was much easier than with Ramona, a real breeze, and I spent the same amount of gas money getting here as what I would on almost one fill of the tank for Ramona so the gas savings alone will be huge.

So I get to stay put for two days, the days are hot and sunny.

image

Yashi Koshi!!

1 comment:

Paula and Jerry said...

Please give Linda and Guy hugs from us and our very best wishes. Enjoy your time together!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...