Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesday 18th October 2011…..another new State!!!

I stayed up a little late last night watching a movie and so slept in till almost 9am!!!!

This has been a really good place to park very quiet and safe and close to everything.

I decided after a few days of big cities and lots of sight seeing to have a short drive day find an RV park and mellow for the day which is exactly what I did!!

I am now in the State of

oct18 002

in the beautiful town of

oct18 001

This is mountain country and this is the start of the Sky line Trail which turns into the Blue Ridge Parkway which goes almost 500 miles into the State of Tennessee and is rated as one of the top scenic byways in America!!

I found a Passport America campground and it cost me 21 dollars…..I have never been in such a big park

oct18 014

Over 450 spaces and ball courts, pools everything it is like a time share resort but most things are closed now but still lots of RV’s here!!!

oct18 006

I arrived around 11am so I get my monies worth…. first on the agenda was laundry….nice machines so all I have now are clean clothes!!

oct18 004

I knew I was going to cook so before I left this morning bought some pork and chicken and potatoes, mushrooms, Brussels sprouts carrots and turnips and spent a good two hours cooking!!  So now have about 7 frozen dinners prepared!!

oct18 003

It was time for route planning and a nap!!

oct18 005

Cleaned up the kitchen and went for a long walk down through the park and by the river!!

oct18 007

oct18 008

oct18 010

Did not feel like a big supper so I had yogurt and then rice pudding!!!

Had a long hot shower and now have decided on a route!!

I was thinking of heading to the coast but too far out of the way so going to take the skyway all the way down to the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee.

oct18 015

Map picture

Time for tea and a movie!!

4 comments:

Martha and Terry said...

check out our blog -- we were there last november -- a super area! enjoy! we are impressed with how much energy you have you--sure have covered a lot of ground! Where are you planning on spending the winter? We would like to catch up with you. gypsylifblog.e.net/2010_11_01_archive.html

mexicokid said...

wILL CHECK YOUR BLOG THANKS!!
From Nov 15th till end of february i shall be in San Miguel, Mexico and then the Baja for a month then back to Nanaimo!! Hope we cross paths on the road cheers Les

Elaine said...

Oh how I envy you. That's a trip I've wanted to take since I saw the first bit of it about 5 years ago.
Enjoy!
Elaine in Saltair

Paula and Jerry said...

No broken clotheslines!!! Are you sure that's Ramona in that picture?

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...