Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday 14th October 2011…resting peacefully in Amish Country!!!

Was on the road just before 8am this morning and it was not a pleasant day!!!

olct14 001

Here I am crossing over the Hudson into the State of New Jersey!!

Forgot to mention on yesterday’s tour we all learned to speak with a New York Accent!!!…I can now say with a thick drawl “What ya doin Joey?!!!!”

Again it was Interstate driving and after a couple of hours I was into yet another State!!

olct14 004

I then drove through one of the most violent rain and hail storms I have ever been in!!!

olct14 005

All the vehicles were going so slow as even on the fastest speeds the wind shield wipers couldn’t keep up…I hope I have no hail damage!!!

I arrived in Lancaster at 2pm and availed myself at the very informative Visitor's Centre and got some plans for tomorrow.

One of the problems I have found is getting propane and fresh water when not in parks so to my delight with in two blocks this afternoon I was able to dump the grey water, fill up with fresh water, gas and propane and the gas was the cheapest I have seen for a while $3.29 per gallon!!!

I passed this small park and had to stop it looked so beautiful!!

olct14 009

olct14 006

olct14 008

I then found a great Wal-Mart where I am parked for the night!!

olct14 010

There is a McDonalds a few blocks away so after supper I will walk down there and post this!!

The weather tomorrow is supposed to be good so the plan is to stay at the Wal-Mart and get Bonita into action and tour the back roads and see the way of life of the Amish people!!

I am now just over 100 days of travelling and looking back everyday has been an adventure and I have seen so many wonderful things, met so many kind folks…..

On a more sombre note these photos were posted on an RV forum and were taken two days ago after the Hurricane went by in Melaque on the Pacific coast of Mexico and I have been to this little town many times it is one of my favourites…the locals are very resilient and I hope they can come back from this incredible destruction!!

barra

bar4

bar3

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...