Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saturday 15th October 2011….an amazing Amish Day!!!

Slept really well and woke up to a sunny, bright but cool wind!!  Today was going to be a Bonita tour day so after breakfast by 9am I was on the road…I took all back roads so I know you are going to enjoy this tour not only because it is free but it will I hope make you feel good!!!!

oct15 001I saw hundreds of these little carriages and just about everyone waved to me!!

oct15 006

oct15 007

Now the only contact I have had has been with Hutterite communities and those people live in a tight community setting but the Amish live in “regular” houses and the only way you can tell if the house is Amish was by the washing hanging on the line!!

oct15 008

oct15 015

oct15 009

Whilst looking at the above barn a young Amish teen came out very friendly and I asked him what was hanging and he told me tobacco.  I gave him one of my Canadian key chains and he was very interested in the flag and thanked me so much!!!  Out of respect I did not take his photo as I believe it is against their religion.

oct15 014

There are quite a few covered bridges in the county!!

Now I should hold a competition for the best caption for the below photo…maybe a prize of a weeks free membership to the blog!!!

oct15 010

My best is…..”How many miles to the gallon?”  or   “what horse power is that?”

oct15 016

oct15 017

So where do you live?????

oct15 019

oct15 052

It was a very touristy place too many for me!!!

Ramona now has a another sticker to add to her collection of places visited!!!

oct15 023

I just liked this quotation!!

oct15 024

oct15 027

I had to stop and buy a loaf of triple berry cake!!!!

oct15 028

oct15 030

oct15 032

If you are not a farm boy or girl do you ever wonder how they collect corn??

Well you are about to find out!!!

oct15 035

oct15 045

The one that got away!!!

oct15 048

I think my GPS sent me the wrong way!!!!!!

oct15 040

oct15 038

oct15 042

So how many Costco’s do you know have this kind of parking??

oct15 049

I have friends that recommended that I go to a certain show…so I found the theatre

oct15 004

and bought a ticket for tonight’s show!!

I got back to Ramona at 5pm after driving 100 km and it was a fabulous day!!!

I then drove to the theatre and they have a huge parking lot and I got a spot right in the corner…so I had some supper had a shave and a shower and went to the show!!!!

 

I have been lucky enough to go to some amazing concerts and this one ranks right up there…breathtaking, superfluous, magnificent…all are true!!!!

concert 013

It rivalled any Las Vegas show with live camels, horses, goats and sheep on stage…a really great gospel production!!

So I am now in MacD’s posting this then going back to my same spot at Wal-Mart.

Tomorrow the plan is to drive to Gettysburg and see the historical sights there and then get close enough to Washington DC hopefully find a Wal-Mart and a train the next day into the city but I am still working on that!!!

Hope you all have a great Sunday!!

Map picture

4 comments:

Croft said...

It is an amazing trip you are having. I envy you/

Elaine said...

There you are in another of my favourite areas. We were in PA last month on the way back home, this time we were in the northern part of the state which is beautiful but different than the Amish area.
Elaine in Saltair BC

mexicokid said...

Thank you both for the comments it was really a wonderful day!!! Les

Rod and Sylvia said...

Glad you enjoyed the show. We are really enjoying your travels!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...