Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuesday 29th June 2010…day in the moors!!

Sara and I went to Sheffield today to visit my old childhood buddy Ian and his lovely wife Margaret.

We took a ride together into the Derbyshire Moors and passed some lovely countryside…

ian 003

ian 010

ian 015

ian 013

We stopped here

ian 004 and had a lovely lunch and reminisced about our escapades as young kids and I must say Ian remembered much more than I did!!!

We then continued on to a town called Bakewell and when Sara found out this town for known for it’s local dessert called Bakewell tart, she had to sample!!!

ian 005 It looks good.

We had our photo taken here by the waitress…

ian 009

Yes Ian and I are the same age and YES he has dark hair!!!!!!!  Which he did mention more than once.

On the way back Ian drove by the street where I used to live as a young kid and we stopped and I got out for a photo op…..

ian 016

as Sara was taking this photo I noticed a lady by the side of the house and I just asked her if it was OK for me to have a photo as I used to live here as a child.  She absolutely threw me when she asked me if I was a Pearson of the Salvation Army.  I said yes and she told me she bought the house from my parents 41 years ago!!!!!!  How she still remembered our family name is incredible.

We had a great visit and thanks Margaret and Ian for lunch and a wonderful stroll down memory lane.

When we were on our travels last week I picked up this card from one of the B & B’s…

ian 021 and before we left we put the sign on our bedroom door.  When we got back Janet was laughing so hard but it worked because the laundry fairy did this whilst we were gone..

ian 023

Now this is one for the archives you will not see this again!!!!

ian 001

So ends another one of many of those incredible days we have….not many more days left before we leave on Friday…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...