Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday 14th June 2010…the World Cup England versus Canada!!!!!

So late Sunday afternoon Janet prepared the meal of the century..a full turkey dinner with all the trimmings including 4 vegetables…there is no restaurant in any city in any world that could serve a meal like that!!!!! Not only that my little great nephew Tom did a fantastic job as a waiter!!!!

All my family came over and it was a wonderful time and it was great to introduce Sara to everyone…being a Pearson clan gathering a game of football was the after meal main event….this was all organized by Tom who is 5 years old.  He picked the sides, Canada v England, he picked 2 cheer leaders, a manager and I was voted the referee.  So off Tom went and he came back having made 2 pom poms for the cheer leaders, and a red and yellow card for me to assist my refereeing.

day 2 006

day 2 008

day 2 002

Sara “dashing” down the left wing with Tom in hot pursuit!!

day 2 009 Look at the moves here!!!!

day 2 007

Janet is Canada’s cheer leader.

Here are the statistics of the game which I abandoned in the first half with England winning 2-0.

The following were issued a yellow card.

Janet for excessive swaying of her hips.

Mark for suggesting I needed glasses

Sara for intentionally damaging Malc’s prize rose bush.

Samantha just for being too cute!!!!

It was such fun…Tom is a treasure.

This morning I woke up early at 6am and went for my long walk around the village

day 2 030

Sights along the way…

day 2 010

day 2 014

day 2 016

day 2 023

There is a very large trailer and motor home factory in the village and here comes Ramona’s English relation…

day 2 025

day 2 027

Readers in Canada don’t complain again about gas prices…

day 2 032 remember this is pounds so it converts to $1.75 a litre!!!!!

day 2 033

The locals are taking the World cup seriously and most cars and houses have flags!!!

day 2 036 This is amazing taken in the back yard and this looks like an imitation bird, but it is a real one!!!

This afternoon we went to the next town of Beverley where there is a beautiful and very old Cathedral…

day 2 038

day 2 040

day 2 039

day 2 043

Just a lovely street..

day 2 049

day 2 052

I just liked this scene…

day 2 053

day 2 037

The lengths some people will go to just to get on my blog!!!

 

Another great day…….

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...