Thursday, June 03, 2010

Thursday 3rd June 2010…one of those mornings when I wish…..

I had a camera with a big lens and zoom capabilities…one of the boys as he was getting ready for school this morning announced there were dolphins going by.  My camera took this photo but if you can imagine…….

I think over 100 dolphins going from left to rightdolphins 001 in the middle of this photo that is what we saw this morning.  I watched them through the binoculars for over 5 minutes and it was truly a warm and wonderful feeling to see them gracefully slipping through the water.

Went for a run,  did some chores and when I came back to the house I noticed that Trooper was not on the deck.  I looked for him in the yard and he was no where to be found.  Now Trooper is over 12 years old and his back end is not great he has trouble with stairs and I am not able to take him for walks every night like I did last year.

Anyway I went on a search of the neighbourhood looking for him and could not find him.  When I came back to the yard I don’t know what made me to go the end of the yard overlooking the steep bank but I did and there was Trooper.  I have no idea how he got out of the yard but he was over and down the bank by maybe 10 feet and lodged in a tree stump which thankfully prevented him from going all the way down the bank.

In the meantime Heather had come home and we were able to get a leash on him and Heather pulled and I climbed down the bank and pushed him and get him back up but poor Trooper his back legs would not support him, but he was trying to walk.

When Alex came home from school we carried him up to the deck and secured the gate and I fed him and he seems to be ok…

Here he is after his ordeal!!

trooper 002

Two days without talking to Sara….a record..I again received a signal from the Spot locator showing me where she is and that all is well……..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...