Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday 19th June 2010…a trip down memory lane…

Not so bright and warm yesterday morning when Sara and I took off for Doncaster, the town where I was born.

Map picture

We went to visit my cousin Shelia and her husband Peter.

On the way we passed this gorgeous field…

popp 003

popp 005

  We had a wonderful visit with them and I really am sorry I neglected to take photos!!!!  Shelia is the only member of my family on my Mum’s side that I am connected to.  My Mum and Shelia’s Mum, Connie were not only sisters but they were great friends and it was really special visit just sorry that this time I was able to see Shelia’s daughter Caroline and her daughter, Charly, my 3rd cousin!!

WELLLLLL…..8.30am on a Saturday morning 22nd May 1948 in this building

popp 017

was where the trouble began!!!!!!!  This is the building where I was born.

I wanted to show Sara a few of the important sights from my childhood and this is where we started.

Next was my parents first home and where I grew up..

popp 014

The alleyway where I used to ride my scooter..

popp 015

The church where Janet and Malc were married..

popp 018

The office where my Dad worked for 30 years..

popp 020

My parent’s last home….

popp 007

and their memorial plaque…

popp 008

It was lovely to be able to show and share with Sara and we then spent the afternoon in the local Mall before returning home to Cottingham and going to Claire and Mark’s home for a lovely buffet supper and watching the sad English team draw 1 – 1 with Algeria in World Cup Soccer.

popp 044

Tom was the chief entertainer..and we played games called Wii which I had never even heard of…

popp 026

popp 075

popp 056

Never let anyone say that the Pearson Boys don’t have rhythm!!!!

popp 064

popp 069

Some sort of card game that Tom seemed to win every time!!!

popp 078

popp 034

It was another in the long line of wonderful days and here is the clan!!!!

popp 022

popp 025

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...