Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thursday 10th June 2010… a busy few days!!!

Sara arrived back from her kayaking expedition late yesterday afternoon and apart from getting a little wet the first few days the girls had a wonderful time….it was sure good to see her.

Today I am in Nanaimo and have completed the sale of Sara’s old car.  I got Ramona and Bonita safely settled and parked whilst I am away.  I do believe I am all packed and all that remains tonight is to take another load of money from my poker buddies.

Our itinerary for the next few days is as follows.  We leave Nanaimo tomorrow at 2pm on the float plane from the harbour to Richmond where the Vancouver airport is closely located it is a 30 minute flight then they provide a free shuttle to the airport about 10 minutes away so we should get to the airport by 3pm.  Our non stop charter flight to Manchester, England leaves at 6pm and we arrive the next morning, Saturday, around 11.30am where my brother BETTER be waiting for us.  The flight time is 9 hours, I don’t know if Sara can sleep on the plane but I cannot so I have a great world cup soccer book to read, thanks Heather, my novel and the Lonely Planet travel book on England.  Even though I was born and raised there I really don’t know too much about the attractions, so will have lots to study.  It is about a 2 hour drive from Manchester to Janet and Malc’s home!!

The journey is really to see my family again and to introduce Sara to them all and just spend time with them.  One huge highlight is on the 23rd June we have tickets to Wimbledon, on my bucket list.  So we shall spend a couple of days in London and I have promised Sara I will take her to a show.  We also want to take the car for a few days and do some sightseeing.  Three weeks sounds like a long time but I know all too well the days will go by so fast and the weeks will zoom by.

I will try to blog when I can and I wish you all a great month of June, blessings Les

The float plane trip.

Map picture

The 9 hour flight Vancouver to Manchester

Map picture

Manchester to by brother’s home in Cottingham, very close to Hull.

Map picture

1 comment:

Croft said...

Three weeks will fly by Les! Have a good time!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...