Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Wednesday 24th August 2016......things that work then don't work and then work again!!!!

Pretty confusing title I know but I will try to explain...there were two completely different issues...first was Finbar the cat...he is 15 years old and has thyroid issues and is on a new pill and Val and Austin asked me to keep a close eye on him and for the last three days I believe he is not well...will not get too graphic with the reasons but I e mailed Val yesterday and asked for some guidance and she e mailed back last night saying she would call the vet and get back to me this morning...so I needed internet this morning!!!

The second issue is that on Friday 16th September in Glasgow Great Britain are playing Argentina in the semi final of the Tennis Davis Cup and of course I want to go..it fits in with my plans for being in Scotland.....the tickets go on sale this morning at 10 am..so I needed the Internet for that...

Something else that comes into play is that Windows 10 automatically updated my computer one day ago and I just KNOW from previous times that after the upgrade my computer messes up!!!!

Well that was a long intro but it brings me to this morning..first of all see all the fog this morning!!!


So after I have done my feeding and cleaning chores I turn on the puter and you guessed it..no Internet!!!
But not that simple I could get connection according to the little icon and I could browse any site that wasn't Microsoft or Google related which meant I could not get my e mails and I could not Skype!!!!

I decided to go into town to see if there is a computer repair and sure enough I found one and after an examination and a few tweaking and 25 Euros he said that Microsoft had blocked something but he had changed it back...so back to the house turned it on and same issue as before..so back to the guy who tweaked some more and back to the house not before I had to wait for the pedestrians to pass

Turned on the computer at 10 am and it worked..first I checked e mails and Val had asked me to take Finbar to the vet this afternoon and then I called about the tickets only to be told that they go on sale tomorrow at 10 am!!!!

So I felt like a good long walk as the sun was out and I needed some exercise....
So many of the small trees and bushes were covered in fresh cobwebs...


Heather everywhere...so lovely
I just enjoy the openness, the greenery and the rolling hills!!!
At 3.00 pm I took Finbar to the vet he was really good and the vet very thorough...  gave me some advice on his feedings, some new gel and told me stop giving him the pill every morning....
Now it was time for this!!!!!
but not before I had done this!!!!
Sorry my days are not exciting for you all but I enjoy the quiet times, the animals, the lovely house and views and the little side trips..all that changes Monday when I fly to Glasgow!!!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

1 comment:

living.boondockingmexico said...

I think you have it made my friend!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...