Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Tuesday 21st June 2016...the beauty of the Cornwall coast and a trip down memory lane!!

Yorkshire is the County in England where I was born!!






I had a nice breakfast this morning and happy to see the sun was shining and I was on the road by 8.30 am to do some coastal views and walks and then drive almost to the end of England for my stay tonight!!


This was my first stop and just a sleepy quiet fishing village..


 This appealed to me sense of humor!!

I drove by this lovely beach where the surfers were having fun!!


Again using my Dad's 60 year old guide book I found this place



A nice walk down the cliffs
 and then amazed to see this great arch!!


I enjoyed seeing this and there were no signs to indicate it was there good for my Dad's book!!
Further down the coast I came to


Rather than fight the traffic and finding somewhere to park the council offered for 4 pound a car park and a bus ride return into the town center!!
This was a busy little place!!

 It seems that all the towns have these quaint little side streets!!


The next stop!!

 National Trust site so with my card did not have to pay for parking, thank you Malc!!

This was a great cliff top walk and then the views were fantastic!!!

 I then went down the steps onto the beach!!

and those rocks are huge!!



My last stop of the day was at Newquay and this is the trip down memory lane.....this is the town that our Parents brought Malc and me to for  summer holidays before we started going to Europe.....I was around 8 or 9 years of age so we are going back almost 60 years, yes I know I look good for my age!!!!
I noticed immediately the town had become more touristy and I could add the word tacky in there and it also had become a surfer's town.....it was great to see the views of the lovely beaches


I actually do not remember this bridge and I asked and it has been here for over 80 years.....but I do remember the harbor and the ice cream van...



Now this shot abovce is interesting for me.....noticed how when the tide goes out the boats are left laying in the sand..it seems to me years ago the Pearson boys including my Uncle Bram borrowed a friend's small boat and went out for an hour or two and when we came back not being sea faring people we tied up the boat really tight so it would not float away and then of course the tide went out leaving the boat about 8 feet in the air suspended against the dock...I am not quite sure of all the facts but will check with Bram when I see him next week....

This is the beach where we used to kick a football against the wall...it was nice to come back and re live some of those happy childhood memories!!!
Back on the road again and I arrived at my family air bnb stay around 5.30 pm another wonderful family who made me feel at home...I have a great bedroom and my own bathroom and full use of the kitchen...


and yes that could be soccer on my TV!!!!

So I am here for two nights and have planned a long hike for tomorrow to Land's End which is actually the southern most tip of England!!!

I asked my friend Chris if I could borrow this quip from his blog...you have to know that Chris has lived in mexico for many years and I like his humor!!!

As I was just coming home and worrying about all the stuff going on in my life, my family's lives, my friends lives, what's happening in Washington, Moscow, Ukraine, the Middle East, Hillary Clinton's scandals, Bernie, Trump, Fox News, the downgrading of our military, the terrorists infiltrating our border, the refugees, and how our country is rapidly losing its sanity and its Christianity, I saw a yard sign that said:
NEED
HELP?
CALL
JESUS
1-800-555-3787
Out of curiosity and desperation, I called the number.
A Mexican guy showed up with a leaf blower.

I think this is so good......

Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My favorite thing was getting a poke 99 icecream cone when I was a child in Ireland. We never had those in Montreal!

mexicokid said...

I know and of course 99 is named after the best hockey player in the world...cheers L..I shall be in Ireland in August!!!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...