Saturday, June 18, 2016

Saturday 18th June 2016........for a change.....The USA Presidential debate!!!!

Just in case you are not sure what the header means


TOP DEFINITION
Welsh word for an affectionate hug. There's no literal English translation, but its nearest equivalent is "safe place". So if you give someone a cwtch, you're giving them a "safe place".

It can also be used as a place to store things safely (usually a cupboard under a staircase)
"Give me a cwtch"

"Put your jacket in the cwtch"

Now you know!!!

My first task this morning was to feed my neighbor's horse...
here she comes...
 and closer..


I tried to get Chester to get in the car to take him to the beach this morning but he just would not cooperate...the owners told me he did not mind the car but he was for sure not getting in my car so I had to leave him home whilst I went to
 It was a huge beach which I walked the length

 until I came to the river estuary..

I then came inland
back to the car..it was a good walk...
Again went to a small village which had a wonderful church and Abbey ruins...

 Sorry these are not clear I had a problem with the sun and the angle..
How about this photo??


 I like this shot below!!
I enjoyed my time out and back home took Chester for a huge walk..but not before doing chores!!!


Look closely he has a tennis ball in his mouth!!
Well for a change I watched 5 hours of the Presidential debate it was riveting entertainment!!

Actually that is totally untrue but I feel you may be getting tired of my writing I watched three live soccer games today!!!!!

The best part was in the last game where that unsporting Ronaldo with his team level with about ten minutes to go missed a penalty shot..how happy I was about that!!!
Tomorrow is my last full day here the owners come back very late tomorrow night so I am staying here and will leave Monday morning..
I know this article will cause some debate but I am just putting out there what was recorded....
Canada's parliament has passed a contentious bill to allow medically-assisted death for terminally ill people.
The law was put forward after the Supreme Court struck down a ban on doctors helping the incurably sick to die.
The move makes Canada one of the few countries where doctors can legally help sick people die.
But critics say the new legislation is too restrictive.
They argue it will prevent people with degenerative conditions, such as multiple sclerosis, from seeking assisted suicide.
Government officials say the new law is a first step and can be expanded in the future.

The legislation had already passed by the House of Commons and Friday's Senate vote means it now only needs the formality of royal assent from the governor-general to become law.
Some senators were in favour of a much broader law but after weeks of political wrangling they gave in to pressure by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's Liberal government, which had narrowed the scope of the bill.
In a statement, Canada's Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould and Health Minister Jane Philpott said the bill struck "the right balance between personal autonomy for those seeking access to medically assisted dying and protecting the vulnerable".
Assisted suicide is currently legal in just a few countries, including Switzerland, the Netherlands, Albania, Colombia and Japan.
The practice is legal in the US states of Washington, California, Oregon, Vermont, New Mexico and Montana.

I wish you all a wonderful Sunday!!
Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...