Monday, April 04, 2016

Monday 4th April 2016....back in South Africa!!!!

I could take it easy this morning having a nice breakfast which Anna cooked again for me and then slowly packed the suitcase and my taxi came at 11.30 am and I was at the small airport 15 minutes later......only three flights going out and this was my plane
I do not think I have been on a plane with two seats on one side of the aisle and only one seat on the other...this is a 36 seater plane and with only 9 passengers this morning!!!

The flight was a good one and just under two hours and the arrival at the small airport was a breeze at Immigration and the car rental office was right inside the terminal..
I think it is time I gave myself a pat on the back....in almost 11 months of travelling through many countries I have managed to do research and book flights, cars and accommodation and it is has all worked almost perfectly....
I did the paper work for the car and I would like to introduce you to my new best friend.....
Let me introduce...dier masjien!!!!! The animal machine!!!!

Have to get used to a manual gearbox
So glad I bought the GPS in Australia...
Always a little wary driving a car in a new country but it was easy..the highway was a good one
looks like a Mexican toll booth
I stopped in a small town and got a few groceries it is strange going into a store and being the only white face in there....
Around 5.00pm I was in the tiny town of Hectorspruit where I had a booking to stay the night and my hostess Sharon and her husband Andy were there to greet me and as soon as Sharon spoke I knew she was a Limey girl and small world as it is she is from the same home town in England as I am, from Doncaster...what are the chances.
The room is small but nice and clean and has what I need...
Sharon invited me to go sit with them by the pool after I got unpacked and sorted and we had a great chat and she has told me some good routes to go tomorrow.
Just a quiet evening getting myself organized....
Tomorrow another early start as I have a pass to enter Kruger National park at 6 am and be the great white hunter....with a camera of course!!!!
Yashi Kochi!!

6 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

You are definitely a world traveler.

mexicokid said...

you and Juan must put this continent on your list..glad you had a great time in SMA BUT Mexico is still my home cheers les

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Hi Les,

Shelagh has been reading your blog for years, but I have just started. And I must say that I am just snorting this stuff.

Cheers, Peter.

mexicokid said...

I hope you have paid your subscription fee?????Thanks enjoy I know I am best wishes les

Croft said...

Les! You are driving on the wrong side of the road! Pay attention!

mexicokid said...

hey no speeding tickets for me!!!!!Les

Friday 17th November 2017..........getting ready!!!

I knew when I went to bed last night that I had the start of a cold coming on and sure enough this morning woke to the sniffles...I usually...