Thursday, November 27, 2008

Woke up this morning to

the church bells ringing and the roosters doing what they do…it was sunny but a little cool started my day by going to the Parque Benito Juarez, which is just a few minutes away from where I am staying.opl 002

It is a park that is surrounded by trees and bushes and pathways that go around the park and ideal for running.opl 003

I ran around the park three times before the altitude got to me, it is 6200 feet above sea level here so my breathing was sharp, so I then walked around three times.opl 005 opl 010 I enjoy starting the mornings this way, it clears the cobwebs, it gives me time to think and the feeling that the workout is done so if later on in the day I feel like a donut it is Ok, just kidding, well maybe not!!

This is an interesting place local women come down here to these sinks and do their washingopl 012 no one around today.

Saw these boys in the park.opl 015Linda and Guy had invited me and seven other people to their home for Thanksgiving dinner, I took flowers that I bought in the local market for three dollars. (Linda I know you are worth much more than that!!)opl 029  and yes Janet I am going for a hair cut tomorrow!

The table was setopl 030

The guests are happyopl 033

opl 032 Linda is by the fire place in red slacks and Guy next to her in a blue shirt.opl 035

and the food is ready and what a great meal it was.  Thank you so very much.

So another great day, tomorrow morning I am heading off to my first Spanish lesson, so will see how that goes.

Hope everyone and a wonderful, thankful day.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...