Friday, November 21, 2008

Biking around Puerto Penasco

Spent the best part of the great sunny morning biking around town.  I have been coming to this town for 8 years now so it was good to see some of my old haunts, like the first motel I stayed at.hgg 003

This was a place that gangster Al Capone used to frequent and it was first a brothel..

hgg 005 with the rooms off the long corridor used by the girls.  It is now a family run business and Jorge always remembers me and it was good to see him again.

hgg 008Always count on a parade or a public event taking place in any small town, anytime in Mexico.hgg 002

Along the small Maleconhgg 007

hgg 006

 

 

 

 

 

 

The shrimp industry is huge here and the boats are home after the morning’s catch.hgg 017 hgg 016 hgg 015

It wouldn’t be me if I didn’t include at least one church photo.hgg 009

Men and women at work!!hgg 012

hgg 019

Finally my friend’s Linda and Guy restaurant!!hgg 014

They ran a great place here for 12 years and just sold this summer and now are living their dream of retiring and living in San Miguel.  Just not the same without you here!!

Just received an e mail from my friends who are camping in Kino Bay, about 300 miles south so a little change in plan.

Still leaving in the morning but will stop off and see them tomorrow night. 

Map picture

Bahia Kino tomorrows stop….

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...