Saturday, November 08, 2008

Happy Birthday ANDY!!!

IMG_9968

Today you celebrate your first birthday together with Sally in your new home together,  congratulations!!

ploi 001 This is where Ramona and I spent our first night together.  The parking lots at Wal-Mart stores are great for the RV community.  It usually guarantees safety, little noise and a 24 hour full store if needed.

Woke up after a great sleep at 8am and it was a little sad and different not to be surrounded by kids wanting rides to school…I miss my family on the “Bank”.

Still raining and after a leisurely breakfast headed for the west coast.  Some of the interesting sights on the way into Oregon. ploi 003

Every time I see a logging truck I always think of my friend Roy who I was lucky to share time with for so long…..he always said when he saw a logging truck “Is it one of mine?”

ploi 006 ploi 008

ploi 010

ploi 014

 

 

 

 

ploi 019 ploi 015

 

 

 

I am now parked in the parking lot behind the local cinema in the small town of Seaside.  In the dark I went for a long walk into the town onto the ocean boardwalk and back.  It was mild and not raining and after driving about 240 miles enjoyed the exercise.

After a long shower and a good home cooked meal, thank you Mary, settling down for tea and a movie.

So another day ends and I think I am travelling into warmer weather.  The time seems to go by so fast and those great Nanaimo days now a memory.

Wish you all have a wonderful weekend, blessings…

Map picture

Top red push pin is Sequim where I was last night and the bottom one is where I am tonight, Seaside, Oregon.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...