Saturday, November 08, 2008

Rain rain go away…

I was mistaken when I said last night I thought I had out run the rain.  Woke up this morning at 7am to violent rain and winds,  I had to bring in the slide out in case the awning was ripped off.

After a lazy breakfast back on the road again and heading further down the coast.  The scenery is quite stunning and I really like some of these photos..eeeeee 003 eeeeee 005

 

 

 

 

eeeeee 014

eeeeee 028 

 

 

eeeeee 022eeeeee 032

eeeeee 029

eeeeee 035 eeeeee 040

 

 

 

 

 

 

eeeeee 045

Interesting drive today of about 195 miles and now in a small and very quiet and clean RV park just outside of Florence, Oregon.eeeeee 053

It is really great to have Sirius satellite radio in Ramona especially as I am a sports nut….listened to two live Premier league soccer games en route today.  Sorry to my family that the mighty TIGERS lost today especially as my brother and his sons were there.

The travelling angel is still with me (thanks Heather).  Whilst travelling through Depoe Bay on a two lane road I was in the near side lane and next to me stopped at the traffic lights was a lady in a beautiful Mercedes sports car in the outside lane.  There was about 200 yards to the next lights and whilst we were both driving there she signalled to change lanes and pulled in front of me, so far no problem.  So now she is in front of me approaching the next set of lights which are green for us.  I see it all happening like in slow motion as she is approaching the intersection a mini van came from the right into the intersection and side swiped her.  The impact was loud and parts of the mini van spread over the road.  Both vehicles stopped and the drivers got out apparently un-injured but the look on the face of the woman driving the sports car was incredulous!!!!  I was able to pull around them and continue untouched and thankful.

Now it has come to my attention that many of my female readers have been pining these last few days for a photo of my good self(listen this is my blog and I can write what ever I want, it doesn’t have to be true, just entertaining!!!).

mnbvc 005Self portrait tonight!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...