Thursday, November 06, 2008

A wet but safe and happy start to the second journey..

mkmj 002

Leaving my lovely “family” and their home on a wet, windy and miserable morning.mkmj 004

 

 

 

 

The drive down to Victoria was a wet one

but beautiful colours!

mkmj 010I was first in line at the ferry terminalmkmj 020 and this is the last time on Canadian soil till April!!mkmj 023 The Black Ball M/V Coho arriving at the dock.mkmj 026 and away we go..  to the good old US of A!!!!mkmj 030 mkmj 027 The old Empress hotelmkmj 033

and the new construction along the sea walls.

 

The ferry took 90 minutes and was about a quarter full

mkmj 034I passed the time eating Malt Loaf and drinking tea!!  Janet this is my first bite of Malt loaf since I brought the 6 loaves back from England, I loved every bite!!!mkmj 035

The arrival in Port Angeles.mkmj 036 Sorry I do have to work on my night time photos.

My first stop was to give Ramona a drink, not bad $2.46 US dollars a gallon!!  Then drove about 20 miles to the town of Sequim where I am parked for the night in the parking lot of Wal-Mart.  I am picking up free Wi-Fi from the Pizza hut across the street, so listening to the Canucks hockey as I write.

Well day one completed and another good day obviously sad at leaving my lovely friends behind but happy to be on the move and see what the road ahead holds for me.

Blessings to all….

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...