Wednesday, November 26, 2008

SAN MIGUEL DE ALLENDE…

This song below is performed by Tim McGraw and when it became popular two years ago I took the words as my personal mantra….well as I am driving down the highway approaching SMAwww 002 you can guess which song came over the satellite radio!!!!  Was a lovely welcome to this great town.

He said: "I was in my early forties,
"With a lot of life before me,
"An' a moment came that stopped me on a dime.
"I spent most of the next days,
"Looking at the x-rays,
"An' talking 'bout the options an' talkin’ ‘bout sweet time."
I asked him when it sank in,
That this might really be the real end?
How’s it hit you when you get that kind of news?
Man whatcha do?
An' he said: "I went sky diving, I went rocky mountain climbing,
"I went two point seven seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu.
"And I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter,
"And I gave forgiveness I'd been denying."
An' he said: "Some day, I hope you get the chance,
"To live like you were dyin'."
He said "I was finally the husband,
"That most the time I wasn’t.
"An' I became a friend a friend would like to have.
"And all of a sudden goin' fishin’,
"Wasn’t such an imposition,
"And I went three times that year I lost my Dad.
"Well, I finally read the Good Book,
"And I took a good long hard look,
"At what I'd do if I could do it all again,
"And then:
"I went sky diving, I went rocky mountain climbing,
"I went two point seven seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu.
"And I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter,
"And I gave forgiveness I'd been denying."
An' he said: "Some day, I hope you get the chance,
"To live like you were dyin'."
Like tomorrow was a gift,
And you got eternity,
To think about what you’d do with it.
An' what did you do with it?
An' what can I do with it?
An' what would I do with it?
"Sky diving, I went rocky mountain climbing,
"I went two point seven seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu. 
"And then I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter,
"And I watched Blue Eagle as it was flyin'."
An' he said: "Some day, I hope you get the chance,
"To live like you were dyin'."

The entrance to the park is very tight and the streets are  narrow so getting Ramona through the red gate is a challenge that can only be done with outside help.www 020

www 017

but once inside the tension of getting in is soon lost.  These photos are all inside the compound.  It is really a tennis complex with two tennis courts.www 010 www 016

 

 

 

 

 

 

There is only room for 12 small Rv’s and Ramona has a lovely spot.www 004 www 005 The chicken 12 feet awaywww 008 the cleanest bathrooms in Mexico with hot showerswww 012 www 024

 

 

 

 

 

 

Completely gated and safe and this is the gate to walk through to get in.www 018

The entrance waywww 023

The church is maybe 50 yards away.www 021 www 027

I have Wi-Fi and about 5 minutes walk away from the town main plaza, how sweet is this?

My lovely friends Linda and Guy have a wonderful casa here and I went to visit this afternoon.www 039 www 038

www 029 www 032 www 031

We went out for dinner tonight and now I am settled down for the night.

I am invited to Linda and Guy’s tomorrow for Thanksgiving turkey dinner!!!!

Well 4443 miles and three weeks since I left Nanaimo and the journey was wonderful.  Fabulous friends old and new, incredible vistas and now 7 weeks of paradise.

Map picture
Map picture

1 comment:

Donna said...

Welcome to your new home in San Miguel de Allende! You and Ramona are truly going to love your time here.

I've always loved the fact that simple little doors hide wonderful secrets in this town. The door at Weber's has always been a favorite. Now you know what's behind it.

If your followers would like to read and see more about your new home, they can check out www.experience-san-miguel-de-allende.com. Lots of info, lots of pix and tips (some insider stuff). Then they'll understand why you say you're now in paradise.

Enjoy!
Donna

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...