Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It took six days but I did it…

xxxxc 011

Check out those soccer player’s legs…..xxxxc 050 Gone are the sweat pants till middle of next April……shorts and sunglasses for me!!!

Went to fill up for gas before I hit the road this morning. The internet is a wonderful thing…there is a website called Gas Buddy where you can find out the price of gas in any town.  Using this site I found this really cheap gas station, remember this is California where the previous day I had seen prices as high as $3.09…xxxxc 003

 

 

 

 

 

Ramona had a good drink here!!  By the way that is for a gallon!!!!!

My next stop was the delightful town of Sonoma and its lovely Mission.xxxxc 009

xxxxc 010 xxxxc 016

xxxxc 018 This is a very beautiful old mission and I as I wandered through the grounds and the church my thoughts go back to those Missions I saw last year in Mexico and maybe this Mission and those may have been visited by the same soldiers or church leaders.

xxxxc 025xxxxc 020

 

 

 

 

xxxxc 015 Some more photos of downtown Sonomaxxxxc 013 xxxxc 026 xxxxc 030 xxxxc 029

The afternoon drive was through the Napa Valley wine country, vines and wineries everywhere.xxxxc 005 xxxxc 006 

xxxxc 034

I did not want to go through San Francisco again so this time took the Berkley Bridge.xxxxc 038

xxxxc 039

If you get your magnifying glass out in the top right hand corner of the above photo is the Golden Gate Bridge.xxxxc 043 For my Canadian readers this is the nearest I could find to our Timmie Horton’s(a fabulous doughnut chain of stores) and no I did not stop.

The next stop was Mission San Jose…xxxxc 049

again another exceptionally beautiful building..xxxxc 045

xxxxc 047 xxxxc 044

I took this picture from Ramona whilst travelling, forget you heard that, could not really capture the true beauty, but you see what I mean!!xxxxc 056

I am now in the Wal-mart parking lot in  Paso Robles and again hooking up to someone’s Wi-Fi signal….so it is supper, shower then movie and tea….

My plan is to be in Santa Barbara on Thursday morning and meet up with my friend Stella…so I am planning a little tour for tomorrow during the day then tomorrow night another Wal-mart….hope you all had a good day with some reflection on how we are fortunate to be able to do things like I did today!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...